Jul 22, 2008

Happy 97th Birthday!!!


Today is my Nanny Spicers 97th Birthday!!! This morning I telephoned her to wish her a happy birthday. At the moment she is in a nursing home recovering from a broken arm. This is my Dads Mom, Gwen Spicer. She was telling me this morning that her Dad used to collect bee swarms for people - he used to collect them from peoples chimneys or trees etc and hive them and then keep the bees for the honey and take the honey in the Fall and feed them sugar in the winter :) I had no idea! My Nan used to keep chickens too - just a few like we used to :)

My Nan said my parents and Sister visited this morning with a birthday cake, that when she went into the dining room for breakfast this morning everyone sang happy birthday to her, and this afternoon my Aunt and Uncle visited her! Then she was told she had a phone call from her Grand Daughter and she assumed it was my Sister ad then she was told it was from Canada and so she laughed and thought she was very privileged so I joked and agreed and said that it isn't often you turn 97 ;)

My Nan has been writing her life story and my Mom told her I would like it because I scrapbook and I had already scrapbooked several pages of my Nan and Granddad. So I explained to my Nan that I use archival paper and albums and that the pages will last for another 100 years. My Nan laughed that she would be 200 years old before the pages wear out! Anyway she said that I can have her life story so that I can write it all down and preserve it for her!

It was lovely to talk to her on her birthday :) She's funny to talk to - great sense of humour! Happy Birthday Nan!
Related Posts with Thumbnails