Jun 4, 2006

frogs, hostas and Iced Capps



(Pics of hostas before moving and my Iris!)

It's been really nice to have a weekend at home for a change....normally we're so busy at the weekend that it flies past, but we've spent this weekend at home tidying up the gardens and pottering about.

We went out for brunch today though which was really nice.......and this afternoon we took the kids out for a ride to get Iced Capps so we could all cool down.

Lloyd found another frog this morning....tiny...I think it was a Boreal Chorus frog. Very cute.....Sam (17mths) was very impressed!

I split the Hostas today and replanted them in various places in the flower beds...the boys moved all the rocks for me from the side of the garage and they are now in the flower beds too......I weeded more and added the last of the bark chips...we need a lot more of those though.....

We planted the second of Abigails Plum Trees and checked on Christophers little fir tree that we planted in the front paddock.

We really need some rain....none forecasted yet...where are the summer storms and rain????

I bought some beautiful Geraniums today at Greenlands. I've planted them in pots on the porch steps with ivy trailing at the font.....I've planted another Ivy in the wooden mini barrel that Shawna gave me...it has a small trellis at the back so should look really pretty ina few weeks.

Most of the Ivies are ones my Mum bought me while she was visiting last year.

So it's looking a lot tidier outside now...still a lot to do....but Lloyd is starting to mow the front paddocks now that the fences are down...it should all look like front yard. I want to grow the back field into a Meadow though...we've sprinkled poppy seeds and wild flower seeds in the hope that they will take off there....we also planetd sunflower seeds all over the place a few weeks back and some of them are growing....again we just need more rain.

My pumpkins all died due to lack of attention...this year has been crazy with the chickens taking over the garage.

We're having a fire tonight and the children are going to cook hotdogs out there and then make smores......we haven't done that for a couple of weeks. We normally do that a few times a week but haven't lately....life just gets so busy.

We moved here for a slower life....and homeschool for that reason too...yet I've let that get out of hand lately with too many organized events and activities and too many things we are doing too..........I plan to do less in the Fall.......

I do love weekends like this though....pottering around here at our beautiful home. We love living here so much.......I just can't imagine moving back to the city now...I would just hate it. We drove through Sherwood Hills Estate today......the houses are crammed in.........why do people spend so much ona tiny lot and a huge house........if you can afford a huge house why on earth would you buy one where you can touch your neighbours house from yours? I just don't understand that....I love space and privacy and nature.........and no neighbours ;) I know everyones different but I still fail to understand suburban life.......
Related Posts with Thumbnails