Jun 11, 2006

Pirates, bookcases and 16 children

Today I am grateful for:

1. The rain we have had the last week.....although it would be nice to have the Alberta blue skies back again thank you very much :)

2. All the flower buds on the Irises...they are going to be stunning when they flower!!

3. My delightful afternoon out with just Abigail. On the drive to the birthday party we talked and talked. She was asking if I knew any pirates. I said that Aunty Clare had said that Uncle Jack might have been a pirate as he was always on boats. Abby said that Uncle Jack was old and then asked if he was going to die soon...we started talking about growing old and about dying and she told me that she doesn't want to get old!

4. My beautiful home and the wonderful feeling I get when I turn into our driveway each time. It is always so good to come home. I love driving out of the city and towards home.

5. For Lloyd - for the man he is, strong and reliable and dependable and loving and yet able to show so much concern for a tiny bird in our yard...happy to head out into the long grass to search for a nest and possible other babies.

6. My new bookcase......and having somewhere to put more books, family pictures and special keepsakes.

7. Sitting and watching another show about the Duggar family. How wonderful to have such a large family. Abigail thought it was a great idea too...and wants to know if we can go to a homeschool conference like the Duggars did :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails