Jun 28, 2006

Stepping through the day

My day started out not so good. I had a migraine beginning late last night so had to take an Imitrex.....my wonder drug that has given me back my life for the past 4 years....but the side effects are nasty and I'm not sure how it effected my sleep....I woke up very groggy and not very happy.......maybe it's a bit of pms too...because I was taking everything personally and feeling very low. I was in half a mind to cancel going out but I knew if I did that I'd regret it.

Anyway, my day improved immensely. We had fun at the splashpark - it was nice to see some familiar faces (the two J's and their families) and meet some new faces C, C and S!!! (Hi P if you are reading this *wave*)

Its funny, Laurie ran over and said he had met a new boy his age who is homeschooled (of course Laurie was thrilled about this!!) so the first thing I want to know is 'Whats his Moms name??!!' I was hoping it was someone I had heard of on the yahoo group - and it was!!! :) It's so great to put faces to names and meet new people following the same or similar path as us!

Sam adored the water - I'm so glad - Abigail wasn't keen last year or the year before but Sam is like me and loves to be in water!

We left the waterpark just after 3pm and headed home........was thrilled that my Homeschooling Horizons magazine arrived!!! And Lloyds This Old House mag arrived too! And a card from my parents.....I couldn't figure out what for until I opened it to see Mom had made us a 'Happy Canada Day' card!!! This last year has gone so fast - a whole year ago my Mum and Dad were here to celebrate with us.

Then I came home and checked Email and found that my ex had written to say he had paid all the maintenance he owes me into my account!!!! three months worth yay :) and he's also mailed the letter giving permission for the kids to leave the country for a holiday!!!

So all in all my day got better and better :)

It shows that when things look bad you just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other........or in the words of Dory........'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming........'
Related Posts with Thumbnails