Aug 30, 2006

Love and the mind......................

Love. It can be the most wonderful thing in the world...but it can also cause the most heartache and pain...............this has been on my mind a lot today. There were two news stories this morning that really spoke to me about how intense love can be.....how it can bring us to insanity.............

A lady was found in a house near Cochrane, AB ....she was lying next to the remains of her husband (who had died months ago) and the remains of her dogs.................she has been taken to a mental institution for help.

In another story, a seventysomething year old man went into hospital to visit his eighty year old wife.....while there he shot her dead and then turned the gun on himself....a murder-suicide.

I can't help but think that love brought these couples to this point......for the first lady....how could she let go of the man she loved? I know I would find it very hard to say goodbye to Lloyd.....I can quite see how someone could get to the point that they just hide in the home with the body, unable to leave it..............unable to let go......................

And with the man who shot his wife...................what was going through his mind? How he can't go on if she dies? How he can't see her in pain? How he wants them to go together? Maybe it's something they discussed through their years together...................I know LLoyd and I do.........

Lloyds Grandad is 90........his wife died several years ago and he is basically waiting (and wanting) to die.......he misses her...he doesn't want to go on living.......

I don't want Lloyd to be alone......but I also don't want to be alone..................I want us to go together...................always together..............the way we are in life.................

So yes, I can understand a little about what love can make you do.....................
Related Posts with Thumbnails