Aug 5, 2006

Saturday sighs..................

It's Saturday......the first day of a three day weekend....so we decided to get all the errands out of the way...basically Lloyd and I headed to Costco this morning. We stopped off at Starbucks on the way. I saw L from the homeschool group in Costco which was a nice surprise. I told Lloyd that she is 'the lady with the gnomes' as in she carries little gnomes around with her and takes their photograph at different places (like the worlds largest goose lol!) and then pust the pictures on a website.....kind of like a flat stanley but a travelling gnome instead. I think it's cool!

I bought one of those lovely soft cuddly throws at Costco.....a cream coloured one to go on the new brown leather sofas (that we don't actually have yet but plan to get one day..............lol! At least I am prepared with the throw anyway ;)

We didn't get much else there actually apart from food which is unsual. We normally buy quite a bit...although Lloyd did really like the beds they had in there for the girls bedroom.

We got home and unpacked the groceries. Unpacking groceries is a real family affair......I stay in the kitchen and start putting things in the right places while the children carry everything in...anything for upstairs goes on the stairs and it's Abigails job to take everything on the stairs up to my room.......Lloyd sorts all the frozen foods to take into the freezer that is in the garage.........then I sort the meats into portions ready to be frozen......and cookies and cakes etc - anything like that we buy in bulk gets sorted into ziplocs and frozen.

So now Lloyd has driven back into town as Chris has to work at the library this afternoon. Laurie has gone too as Laurie is sleeping over at his friends tonight....and Chris is sleeping over at his friends too so once Lloyd gets back in a minute he is home until tomorrow....no more running about :)

Lloyd is going to Sobeys too as we need a few things for the quiches. Now the chickens are laying a dozen eggs a day I can start to make my pasta and quiches......So I plan to make some this evening......

We are hoping to go and see some goats tonight. 3 female pygmy goats........thats kind of exciting! Apart from that we plan to do not much!!!! Relax, potter about outside, go for a walk with the dogs........maybe I will go for a cycle ride with Susannah.......maybe play a board game.....

*********

Wow I started this an hour ago!!! I just got off the phone to my Mum and while I was on there, a hummingbird fluttered on the porch.......on my geraniums and in my lilies!!!!! Its the first time I have eve seen a hummingbird!! They are tiny and so so fast...how will Iever get a photograph of one???? So tomorrow we are off to buy a hummingbird feeder for the porch! Wonderful.....


I love living here :) Just LOVE it :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails