Aug 19, 2006

Saturday stuff.........................

I feel a bit flu-ey today......like I have a head cold or something.....achey and my head feels foggy.............

The girls had their parade this morning which was fun...then afterwards Chris babysat while Lloyd and I ran some errands...we went out for brunch alone and also to see some quads..........I think we've decided on the two we want....................we then ran into Sherwood Park and got a few groceries as well as a birthday gift for Chris's friend and a couple of tshirts for the boys...we decided CHris should have something new to wear to the party tonight so we found some t-shirts on special in West 49.................we gave the boys one each..............

Tonight Chris has gone to the birthday party of his friend Emma.............its at the roller rink which I think is really cool because I used to go to the roller rink in Yeovil every Friday night as a teen...................its nice seeing my own children experiencing things I loved as a child........

I made honey mustard chicken for dinner tonight..............its really easy:

1 cup Helmans Mayo
2 tbsp dijon grainy mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
pepper and salt

all mixed together...spread over chicken breasts (I cut the tops with a knife so the sauce goes into the breast)
wrap in tinfoil and throw in oven at 410 for 40 minutes..................

I turn mine halfway through cooking and rub more sauce in...................yum! You can also dice up scallions (spring onions) and add those too............

We had that with boiled baby potatoes and broiled (grilled) asparagus..............

wow translating Canadian into English can be tricky at times lol............yesterday on the phone I found myself having to translate first before talking to my Dad........

*****************

Lloyd has been working on his radio controlled car.............Laurie has been playing with Lego......they all played on the trampoline for a while and I took pictures of the yard and flowers etc etc.................

I have had a rather LARGE glass of Tia Maria and am feeling all lovely and mellow now...........

Abigails been making us write our names on our craft popsicle sticks for a concert later........

Oh and the boys that were supposed to be sleeping over last night didn't sleep over....Laurie was disappointed but their parents had to go to Red Deer so they couldn't come......they will hopefully stay next week instead......that made this weekend a little calmer to be honest.........
Related Posts with Thumbnails