Aug 8, 2006

A special moment.....................



Yesterday while we were at the Ukrainian Village we were looking at a small barn (it could have been an old homestead I guess.......I can't remember what was said) and an old couple with their Grandson came in. We got talking to them and they were explaining that it was a special moment for them as the mans Grandfather had built that EXACT barn......his Dad had helped him build it as a child. He was telling about how he grew up in such a small town that there were no doctors and he was delivered by a Native Midwife called Mrs Powder..............

He was looking at the workmanship and you could see the pride and fascination in his face........

What a special moment to be there........we left them then to spend some time alone in there and have their picture taken beside it.......

Isn't history wonderful? I love Albertas history......I love that there was an old homestead on our land. I wonder if anyone was born here...or died here..............I wonder what their lives involved...............
Related Posts with Thumbnails