Oct 6, 2006

coming up the driveway.......................

Chris just joked that Lloyd was home and I was so excited.....but alas he isn't! So then CHris asks me 'if you could have anyone (but Dad) come up the driveway now, who would it be?'

Actually right now (sorry Mum) it would be the Mortimers delivery van!!!! Yes I should say my parents or sister or a friend, but right now I'm hungry and so thats the first thing I thought about!

When I was little (before I started school) my neighbours would have bread delivered by van from the Mortimers Bakery in my home town. The van would pull up outside of my neighbours house, and my Mum would go outside and get me an iced bun (like a semi sweet bread roll with white icing on...they are long and thin like a big finger!). Sometimes we would have vanilla slices too.....sheets of puff pastry with cream and jam in the middle.........but normally I would have an iced bun at lunchtime when my Dad came home for lunch from work.

Right now I could do with the van arriving and having a fresh (often still warm) iced bun with my coffee :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails