Oct 18, 2006

Wednesdays busy-ness............

So its been a busy but quiet and constructive day all in all....and its only lunchtime! Lloyd isn't feeling well right now so he went into work later today and had coffee in bed with me before leaving.........of course I kept suggesting (ok NAGGING) that he should stay home and rest with me ;) he just kept laughing and saying it was nice that I didn't want him to go to work but........ ;)

So he left for work just before 9am and I sat in bed reading my Homeschooling Horizons magazine.....FAB magazine!!!! great articles YET again!!! Including one on Leo Gaumont from Education Unlimited!

After I finished reading I got up and decided to head outside for an early morning walk...it was a gorgeous wintery morning out here.......NOW its snowing heavily with big fluffy flakes.....but this morning the sky was that silvery grey and everything was glistening..........

Once we got back from our walk and the girls had had hot chocolate, we started reading Aesops Fables while the girls coloured pictures of the Fables and made 'story spinners'.

Laurence set up an experiement with one of his birthday gifts...growing crystals......Chris continued working on his psychology tests...........

They had lunch.....I haven't yet. Susie printed off some Spanish things from Enchanted Learning....a book about Spanish names for part of a house and a Spanish dictionary.....I printed off a book about Fall for Abby to colour and practice riding Fall words.

Now Sam is sleeping and Laurie and Susie are outside sledding, Chris is curled up in the chair playing Rush Hour...he has been writing my homeschooling magazine as there are interesting articles about homecshooling High school in there and about homeschoolers in the movies....... Abigail has been watching Franklin which made her decide to start a 'club' so she made badges for us all and has built a fort in her room (pics later!) she is now working on her Fall book!

It is date night tonight but we may postpone...it depends on how Lloyd is feeling and on the weather too as the snow is coming down heavy right now......

I wnat to go to Scholars Choice so if we do go out I may suggest that and then dinner at the Olive Garden.....although Lloyd keeps joking that he wants to go back to Alberts for that seniors dinner!
Related Posts with Thumbnails