Dec 12, 2006

Homeschool Burnout....

I read on Daisys blog (Montessori Homeschooler - link to right) that she had put two and two together and realised that many of us are suffering from homeschool burnout this year - maybe its the long winter we are having, the flu and colds that are going around constantly......whatever...but I think maybe that is what is up with me.....

Daisy reminded me that I had printed out a whole heap of articles on this subject a year or so ago - and so I have taken them out to read later.........

I flicked through a few pages and it certainly seems like I need to do something about this - Fall has been horrid with us all ill and housebound because of that and the weather and icy roads.......we haven't been out and about at all and have been fairly isolated because of it all........

As much as I love my home and my own company - and that of my children, I also tend to feel isolated and enclosed when we are not here through choice but because we are 'stuck'......

This week the roads are good, I am out of my slump from last week and we have been out and about! With Christmas coming, my In Laws arriving, parties and workshops to look forward to.....the next few weeks will be busy anyway...but come New Year I am looking forward to starting afresh, getting some focus, a change of routine and getting back to it!!!!

Thank you Daisy.....you hit the nail on the head and have helped me get a little focus on the situation!
Related Posts with Thumbnails