Jan 28, 2007

My birthday pearl......

I forgot to post about my birthday.....one of my gifts was that Lloyd surprised me with a pearl ticket......in Japan in Epcot you can pick an oyster shell from a big tank and they will open it for you and see if there is a pearl inside....if there is, then they wash it for you and measure it and you get to keep the pearl!

So I picked a really fat oyster and they opened it but my pearl was hiding inside the jellied body bit (YUCK!!) so she scooped it out and she measured it and it was larger than average....it was a 7mm pearl :) Its beautiful.....really gritty if you put your teeth to it, and mine is a slightly greeny blue pearl - beautiful!

I love it! :)

For my birthday I also had the most beautiful pair of ear rings from Lloyd.....they are white gold with Zircon stones......the Zircons are the most gorgeous baby blue colour.......(Zircon is NOT cubic zirconia by the way lol)

In the middle ages, zircon was said to aid sleep, bring prosperity, and promote honour and wisdom in its owner. So as a sleep aid it is perfect for me - I always have trouble sleeping and my new meds cause insomnia too!!!

I also got to pick ANOTHER snow globe at Sea World today.....but they didn't have any musical ones :( but I do have two gorgeous new snow globes to take home with me :) Sea World didn't sell pins either :(

I really liked Sea World...BUT the staff are so miserable!!!! It is nothing like Disney where all the staff seem to be on doses of Prozac for breakfast......staff in Disney are constantly happy and friendly and helpful - Sea World is just not like that! But the whales and dolphins totally make up for that!

Oh and the Arctic Adventure was useless! It was $390 US for us to go to Sea World today - isn't that insane?????? For one day!!!!! Soooo NOT worth it.......although we did have a great day there and feeding and stroking the dolphins was well worth going for - I'll never forget that and neither will Susie! We won't go to Sea World next time but WILL go to Discovery Cove instead for sure.....Sam and Abigail will be older then so Discovery Cove will be more suitable.....

We can't decide what to do tomorrow....we were going to go to NASA but we think we will come back to Florida in 2 years...for 3 weeks next time so we may leave NASA for then.......I think we are going to have a lazier day tomorrow....spend the morning here and then head out at lunchtime........we will have been here a week tomorrow! It has gone fast.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails