Feb 28, 2007

I feel like ET......................





Derek came over last night and prepped the house ready to do the ceilings today.....basically he stapled plastic to all the walls and then rolled it up......Lloyd then gave the ceiling a quick undercoat of white paint......Today Derek came over and unrolled all the plastic so it was like living in a bubble......tunnels of plastic wrap all over the downstairs of my house which unfortunately was not enough to keep everything clean and my walls look terrible now :( I felt like ET at the end of the movie where the scientists coiver the house in protective plastic.....

This morning me and the children were stranded in the kitchen for a couple of hours while the ceilings were done...boy is the machine NOISY!!!!!

The children played playdough and then made paper snowflakes, watched a little tv and played with some toys and were very good about not going into the plastic tunnels.....

I made use of the time to wash down all my kitchen cupboards, walls and baseboards and took down all the homeschool posters and artwork......after the bathrooms are done, we are having a new kitchen put in, so they have to come down eventually and it gave me a chance to spring clean......

Derek is coming back later to do some more scraping and remove all the staples etc before a final tidy-up........

After Derek had gone and I had peace at last I checked Email and saw that Val had asked me to meet her at the local restaurant again so I could have a break from all the chaos here...I wish I had seen that BEFORE - it would have been great! I think I will go there tomorrow and maybe she can meet us then instead!

I have to go wash my floors AGAIN and see if I can get some more of this white dusty stuff off of them :(
Related Posts with Thumbnails