Feb 18, 2007

Introducing Goldie.......



Terry and Chris (Lloyds parents) sent Abigail some money for her birthday this week....and as Abby has been talking about getting a fish for a while (just like Franklin the turtle!!) we thought today would be a good day to go and get one....as the older three were busy with friends.....

So we went into town and collected my pictures (wow they came in a BOX I ordered so many...... I've never got a BOX of pictures back before!!!!) and then went to Timmy's for lunch before going to the pet store...

Abigail chose a specific fish she wanted and the sales girl spent ages trying to catch THE one! Finally she got it and we chose a tank and a few necessary bits and pieces.....

Abigail held Goldie in his bag all the way home and spent the ENTIRE journey asking me questions about fish....

Do fish sleep?
Can fish breath without water?
Can my fish have babies?
Do fish hump? (yep she has older brothers so knows all those kind of words yikes!)
do fish poo?
do some fish have big tails?
does my fish need breakfast ,lunch and dinner?

I patiently answered all her questions and she then tells me that I know a LOT about fish :)

So she named her fish Goldie......original huh? I'm not sure how long Goldie will live...I feel a bit like the dentist in Finding Nemo...I feel like I have given this poor fish to that 'child' in the cartoon who is 'over-kind' to fish and shakes them and kills them.........

Poor Goldie........
Related Posts with Thumbnails