Feb 16, 2007

Luke!






The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark was one of my FAVOURITE books when I was at school. I borrowed it from the school library so many times and our teacher read it to us too! I always thought Plop was a funny name!

Laurence read a book about Owls last year called Hoot which he really enjoyed too and we bought a kit called 'Owl Poop'. Owls eat little birds and mice but they can't properly eat all the little bones and fir so they sick up a 'pellet' which is like a lump of bones and fir...... the kit we bought had two pellets and we soaked them in water and then pullled out all the bones....we had a book that told us what all the bones were! It was a great project (but it was really really smelly!)

I like owls...they have such amazing eyes! I always wonder what they are thinking when they are looking at me!

I've attached some pictures of Laurie, Susie and Abby sorting through the owl pellets last May!
Related Posts with Thumbnails