Feb 24, 2007

The Orchid Society of Alberta Annual Show






I expected to be the only saddo walking around the Orchid show taking pictures, but it was PACKED with people using tripods and VERY big and expensive looking camera equipment to get the best shot....

The show itself was only small but I really enjoyed it...some of the orchids were so stunning...they had huge blooms as well as a bouquet that was so small it was under a microscopic dome! The orchids in that were the size of cress stems!!! Amazing!

I also thought the show would be full of old people.....BUT I was wrong....many of the growers are quite young and many of them are men...younger men! Who would have thought!

Lloyd bought me a beautiful orchid to bring home and care for......he says it might just be my 'passion' so we should at least TRY orchid growing lol! I will photograph 'her' later! I've even named her :) The next few posts will be pictures of the show! Remember you can click on any photograph to make it bigger!
Related Posts with Thumbnails