Apr 8, 2007

Sunday afternoon ramblings...

I love this music....the girls have The Chronicles of Narnia on tv and it's the part where the faun is playing his musical flute thing to Lucy and she is watching the flames dance.......I really love this music......

I woke up this morning with an awful headache....not sure if it was a hangover from the Smirnoff Ice I got through last night, or a migraine....so I ended up taking an Imitrex and sleeping much of the morning away..then lloyd ran a bath for me and made me some toast and coffee....I felt a little better but still now at 4:30pm my head feels 'fragile' thats the only wa I know how to describe the feeling after a migraine......fragile!

We did an egg hunt in the house for the children.....outside is warm today and very sunny but there is still so much snow on the ground....they had fun hunting through the house for all of the eggs though...

Last night I made hot cross buns from a recipe posted on LP...Laurence loved them....

I phoned my Mom to say Happy Easter....then Lloyd and I ran into town to get a few things (potatoes, brandy, todays Journal) and you know what...it reminded me of driving in Sherwood Park when we first arrived here....because it is Easter, the roads were so quiet.....it was lovely....we went through the Tims drive through and we didn't ahve to wait..there was no line up!

Everything we do now I think about whether Daniel will enjoy it - whether Daniel will want to do it when he is here......I plan to take him to Jasper for a night or two....and also to WEM to Galaxyland.......we have free passes! While he and the boys go on the rides (It's an indoor amusement park in the mall) Susie and I can hit the stores :)

Elk Island Park to see the moose, Joey T's or OPM............South Ed Common to all the stores there....the movies - probably at Silver City.....MP.....maybe Telus depending on whats on....Whyte Ave.....downtown....oh and he wants to try Mexican food :) We'll see what shows are on at the Agricom while he is here too....Earth Day Festival is on at Hawrelak but Lloyd isn't keen.....we'll have to see how 'hippyish ' Dan is before we suggest that! Chris wants to go though!

We made chocolate crispy nests this afternoon and the children added eggs to them.....Lloyd is making dinner....roast chicken, brussel sprouts, swede, roast potatoes, gravy........and Christmas pudding with brandy butter for dessert :)

Lots of pictures to add but I can't be bothered today...I'm tired after my migraine......

The girls are now outside playing with Charlie, our pig......Lloyd and Laurie have been out on the quads for a while........Chris went for a cycle ride this morning up by the golf course - he saw a dog with porcupine quills in its face so he went up to the house and told them - the woman said 'oh we know' and yet a while later when he went past again, the dog was still outside alone playing with the quills in its face......so of course Chris was upset!

Its been a long day really considering I didn't get up much before noon........
Related Posts with Thumbnails