May 16, 2007

Running program...day 3

My running program is going well...most of the first week or two are centred around walking....with a little running thrown in...I am enjoying having my running journal to fill in each night...it motivates me as I WANT to have something to write in.

Monday I hiked 10km - most of which I did carrying a sleeping 2 year old! Yesterday was a rest day (although I was active all day) Today I walked around the zoo all day and then tonight after dinner (at Joeys Global Grill which was delicious as always) Dan and I went for a walk/ run....alternating the two....and really pushed the speed more than we are supposed to this first week - because we saw a deer and ran after it (lol)

I am going to have a rest day Friday or Saturday depending on which day gets rain.....and so tomorrow I will be out walking and increasing the amount of time I am running......we were running tonight through fields etc so that adds to the workout and is better on the joints than paved roads.....

Anyway - just thought I'd update you all :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails