May 7, 2007

waiting for news...

As well as waiting to hear about my contest, I am also sat here waiting to here from Dan...I asked that if he had a chance, could he phone me around lunchtime to let me know how he is getting on....I hope he can....

So yes, Dan went into town with Lloyd at 6:30 this morning....Lloyd left him at the Tim Hortons on Wye, with a book and coffee and breakfast...Dan was going to sit there and read until it was time to walk up to Ians house...

I an is giving Dan a ride to work....and Dan is spending a day seeing what it is like to be an audio engineer......the morning is being spent at the office, meeting the boss and talking (hopefully) about the chance of having a job there.....either for the busy summer season (all the festivals/ Grand Prix etc) or a permanent position.....

Then after lunch he is heading out with Ian to a site they are working at......to see the work in action!!!

I am so grateful to Samantha and Ian for organizing this....we are going to take them out for dinner in a few weeks as a thank you - because even if no job comes of it, they have given Dan the opportunity to see what his dream job is really all about - and it may be enough to inspire him to go to college or to look at other companies in the business.....

Anyway, I will post everything he tells me later :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails