Aug 28, 2007

The Lunar Eclipse





I waved Lloyd off this morning just after 6am and as he was leaving I noticed the moon was partially eclipsed. I had forgotten that it was happening today and we slept through almost all of it. It was still neat to see. I took these pictures and then thought I'd take another look in a few minutes - well five minutes later the sun was up so high that the moon had vanished!

The last total Lunar eclipse here was in 2004.

It made me think of the solar eclipse a few years ago - I remember my friend Faith had come to visit for the day and we took the children up to the playground near my home in Stockport. We were so far north in the UK that we didn't get a total eclipse - but it did become like twilight in the middle of the day. Very cool!
Related Posts with Thumbnails