Nov 14, 2007

A lovely evening....

Well I was planning on switching the computer off and going up to bed with a cup of tea, but then I saw Vals email about her Daughter and now I'm kind of buzzing......so exciting!

I've had a little too much to drink to be typing a blog post....had a lovely evening. Lloyd finished work early so we headed into town before 5pm. We went to Greenland Garden Centre and strolled around the Christmas displays....so pretty - I love this time of year! We admired all the Christmas trees there - next year we can get a BIG tree....10ft maybe even 12ft tall - to go in the catehdral ceiling part of the dining room......that will be so nice. We reminisced about when we chose our current tree...we bought it at Dobbies garden centre in Edinburgh.....my favourite garden centre EVER (Lynne you are sooooo lucky to live near there!) and I can remember buying it as if it was yesterday and not 6 years ago!

When I met Lloyd he really didn't like Christmas - didn't see what the fuss was about and didn't look forward to it at all...but I do LOVE Christmas and have introduced him to so many traditions and the fun of it all and now he gets excited and loves it as much as me - although can still make very sarcastic jokes about my tacky taste in decor! Ok I admit it, sometimes I have tacky taste :) I like glitter and glitzy things :) sparkly things :)

Anyway, I had so much fun looking around the displays - I may even drag Samantha there on Friday :) I can't wait to take her out for the evening :)

After Greenlands we went to Joeys for dinner (and Bellini's!!!) and that was as great as always! After that we drove down to Salisbury Greenhouses and strolled around the Farmers Market - for the winter it is held every Wednesday inside the Greenhouses! Great idea...music playing....lots of people...Christmas decor....just a really nice place to go! We strolled around the Christmas store there too and I got a couple of little gifts :)

Salisbury Christmas store was filled with women like me dragging husands like Lloyd around the ornaments and all the men looking as uninterested but trying to be interested as possible :) It was funny :) You could see all the women were in awe of the decorations and the season...and all the men were nodding and agreeing with whatever the women said! Funny!

So thank you Lloyd for a lovely evening....dinner AND having the patience to follow me around two Christmas stores :) I love you!


www.greenlandgarden.com/




www.greenlandgarden.com/
Related Posts with Thumbnails