Nov 28, 2007

Our hump day........

THis morning I got up and waved Lloyd off to work at 6:20am......I watched him drive down the driveway through the snow and waited for him to flash his hazard lights (this is how he 'waves' to me before he turns the corner).

I then got back into bed and fell back to sleep for an hour......

We got up and went into town to parentlink, it was really quiet there today for some reason - maybe the cold keeps Moms with little ones at home....

The craft activities were good today...one of them was painting snowmen pictures - but instead of paint they used shaving foam mixed with glue and glitter!! It is WONDERFUL - it dries all puffy :) Very cool, so we ran to Zellers afterwards and bought glue and shaving foam lol! I HAVE to do this craft at home :) I swear Sam could have spent all morning just painting with this lovely soft foamy mixture!

The other craft was decorating Christmas tree cut outs with sequins and fake snow :)

Circle time was all about germs and the importance of not sharing them - we sang songs and heard a story....then snack time was watermelon and crackers and apple juice....

After parentlink, we went to the mall and ran a few errands there....we stopped for lunch in the food court and a lady came up to us giving us an entry form for the Christmas draw to win a shopping spree! She also gave Sam and Abby two coins each to put in the wishing well :)

We grabbed a few groceries in Safeway before heading home!

As we drove onto our driveway, the icicles on the well were sparkling in the sunshine , so I came in and grabbed my camera and walked down to take some pictures....Sam and Abby were asleep in the car...thankfully we have a heated garage, so they were in there all snug...then I unloaded the car and tidied the kitchen and when I checked on them, Abigail was JUST waking up :) perfect timing!

Now the kids are home and have had their treat.....Laurie made me a nice cup of tea.....Chris ran the vacuum round the main floor for me and Susie is just seeing to the animals.....the rest of the afternoon we plan to relax - I am hoping to finish my book finally.

Lloyd doesn't finish work until 4:45pm today as he has a late meeting :( but as soon as he is done he is coming home to pick me up and we are off into town for date night :) actually its more of a child free night than a date night I think - we will grab dinner somewhere but we also have to run into the stereo store as he wants to look at speakers - this is what he wants for Christmas this year....speakers for the tv in the sitting room......I want to go to either the fabric store or the quilting store to get some fat quarters....probably the quilting store.....I was looking at fat quarters on Etsy last night and I could get some on there but I think I am too impatient to wait to get them!

Tomorrow I have ore errands to run....then tomorrow evening I am helping to decorate our community hall ready for the Christmas season - the craft sale is on Saturday and the party on Sunday, so we are decorating the tree and walls of the hall tomorrow night :)

Have a good evening everyone!! What are you all up to?
Related Posts with Thumbnails