Dec 15, 2007

Parents never seem to share the blame.....

www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2007/12/14/westjet-girl.html?ref=rss

This story was on the local news yesterday and just makes me shake my head......of course the first thing from some people at LP is 'Sue the f*ckers' sigh.....but what I want to know is when will parents start to take some blame for what happens to their children???? It seems it is NEVER the parents fault.....doesn't matter the situation, its always someone elses fault!

But my thoughts are "who the HELL puts a 5 year old on a plane with a stop over ALONE??????????? What if something was to happen? What if a situation occurred with bad weather/ engine problems/ severe turbulence......fire/ hijacking....ANYTHING slightly out of the ordinary????? That child would want a parent there...there are no if's or buts!!!! Geez, my 12 year old would want a parent there!

I think its insane and I think these parents are simply trying to ease some of their own guilt by blaming the airline! Surely if you are planning for your child to go and visit another parent...or have your child come and stay with you, you PLAN, you SAVE and you PRIORITISE the cost of an extra seat for yourself to fly WITH your FIVE YEAR OLD!!!!!

And the ideas of comparing having a 5 year old flying across the country with a stopover on her own to putting her in daycare is INSANE.....for a start, in a daycare situation (hopefully) your child builds up a relationship with the care-givers - they know them - they are not strangers they have just met! If something happens in a daycare situation the care giver is able to comfort the child much better because they KNOW that child..the child KNOWS the caregiver and can more easily be comforted and feel secure. comparing a daycare situation with a child being left on two flights (4 with returns) with flight attendants who the child has never met before that day is just ridiculous in my opinion. In a daycare setting, the child is surrounded by children he/ she knows and in a familiar place where they feel secure (if this is not the case then it is not a good daycare and the parents should not be using it)!

I am not willing to get into a debate on LP about this, so I am posting MY thoughts on MY blog.....feel free to disagree but this is my blog and I can post what I like :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails