Dec 22, 2007

A surprise email from a friend!



This morning I woke up to an Email from my wonderful friend Lianne - we were good friends back in England when I was still with my Ex husband. We had children of similar ages and just tons in common and there was nothing I liked more than piling over to her house for coffee. We went to toddler groups together, indoor playgrounds, parks in the summer, to see Santa at Christmas....and we even went on holiday together - a week in a caravan (trailer) by the sea in North Wales.....and it was cold and very VERY windy - I swear the sides of the caravan were bending in......we went to a big indoor swimming pool by the beach and when we came out it was like being in a sandstorm!!!

I miss Lianne and her three boys soooo much! And now she has a gorgeous Daughter who I have never met (but I think I helped a little in her having her lol) and I just know Bethany and Abigail would get on so well!!

Anyway - when I moved house 2 years ago I decided to get back to letter writing (which is how Lianne and I first met) so I didn't give her my email address and we tried to write regularly but neither of us have been able to write regularly enough for our liking lol - so I sent her a Christmas card and my email address and today I was surprised by some emails and some pictures and it was just soooooooo great to hear from her!!!

When I left my Ex, Lloyd picked me up and drove me over to Liannes to say goodbye and to collect some things of mine Lloyd had given me that my Ex had threatened to destroy...and Lianne gave me a friendship necklace that has half of a charm on it - and she has a necklace with the other half of the charm...and thats the last time I saw her.

Lianne and I had another good friend, Julie...and we took it in turns to host coffee etc - sadly Julie died from cancer almost 5 years ago......I know this in my head....but because I live so far away it doesn't seem quite real - I picture everyone back home going about their business as they did the day I left.....so its all a bit odd really.

Anyway - needless to say it was lovely to get an email from Lianne and I can't believe how big her second son is - I have such a huge soft spot for Liannes Son Cameron. Oh I miss them all :(

And Michael, her oldest is at University studying psychology!!!!!! That seems impossible - he was just a boy when I saw him last!!! It's been 7 years!!!! OMG I haven't seen Lianne for 8 years!
Related Posts with Thumbnails