Jan 7, 2008

My Baby turns three........

And no Louise....I can't believe it :( Lloyd and I were watching him sleep last night and saying how we can't believe how fast the last three years had gone.....and that 3 years ago last night I slapped a nurse ;) Really! I had an allergic reaction to Morphine and started hallucinating and freaking out...the nurses panicked and tried to take my blood pressure and I didn't know what was happening or what they were doing and I slapped one of the nurses lol! I then threw up big time lol......

So thats when I learned I am allergic to morphine lol!

I was in hospital for 5 days before Sam was born - admitted for pre-eclampsia which is rare in a 5th baby when you haven't had it with any other birth.

Lloyd was going to pick me up on Friday morning and take me home - he was going to pick me up a bagel and coffee from Timmys but I started having contractions and a friend of mine checked me and said I was in labour (she was visiting me but is actually a labour nurse lol!) So I called Lloyd and said I was in labour and couldn't have my breakfast after all (sigh) and he dropped Abigail off and came straight in....

Labour started at 9:30am and Sam was born at 2:11pm...so quite easy really :) And just like all four of my other children, Sam was delivered by a British Midwife - only because my obstetrician didn't make it in time - she arrived about a minute late! In Canada very few people have Midwife deliveries and often you have to pay for them - so I count myself lucky - and am glad that Midwife deliveries are increasing :)

Today is also the Ukrainian Christmas Day which is celebrated hugely here in Alberta! Happy Christmas everyone :)

Today is also Takenzies little boys birthday - Lincoln and Sam were born minutes apart 3 years ago - just different sides of Edmonton!!

I'd also like to say that I am thinking of Christie today. Her beautiful Daughter Ayla would have celebrated her birthday today. Please keep Christie and Ayla in your thoughts today.
Related Posts with Thumbnails