Jan 5, 2008

Saturday stuff......

We were out for quite a while today....we went to have a look at hardwood for the floors in the new extension...I think we've found the one we like. We wanted wide plank flooring but sadly they don't recommend it here because its so dry here and the wood contracts and expands too much :( But this wood is 3 1/4 inch width so thats not too bad.

I ordered Sammys cake - couldn't decide whether to make my own in the shape of a John Deere or whether to order one - so had a look in the catalog and they do a fab Construction site cake so we went for that :)

After the grocery store we stopped by the prize house in the Big Brothers - Big Sisters House lottery..it's worth 1.25 million!!! I LOVED the bathroom off the master bedroom -omg!!! to die for!!! HUGE shower - I swear you could fit SEVERAL people in that shower lol - and I loved that the bath is in between the his and hers sinks! If we win the house we'll sell it, but we will keep some of the furnishings - in fact there is a painting in the house that Samantha would LOVE!!! So if we win she gets her picture ;)

I apologise to whoever winds because Sam was banging around on the piano before we could grab him lol! I THINK it's still working ;)

Anyway, tickets are for sale for the lottery - $25 each, 4 for $60 or 10 for $100. For such a great cause. The house is in Fountain Creek in Sherwood Park and is definitely worth visiting if you like to look around showhomes! Sam tried to climb into the master bath - funny little guy was shouting 'I'm just gonna try it out.....I love it!'

The island in the kitchen was big - about 8' so when Lloyd says ours is going to be 14' I was like OMG that is HUGE!!!!!! It's hard to get my head around what our new kitchen is going to look like!

I got the new nuts and seeds for the birds today which I'm glad about! I love the wild bird store!!

Now I am off to soak in the bath before watching 'Notes on a Scandal' which is a Judi Dench movie that I have wanted to say for AGES!!!! I think Judi Dench (DAME Judi Dench) is such a wonderful actress! Have a great evening everyone!
Related Posts with Thumbnails