Mar 22, 2008

Easter Saturday

Thursday night Susannah slept at her friend Melissa's house. Friday night Laurie slept at his friends house in town....he sleeps there a lot. We picked him up at lunchtime today. Then this afternoon Chris's friends Andrew and Emma called and asked if he wanted to head into town and sleep over tonight. TONIGHT!!!!!! WAH!!!! So for the first time EVER he won't be here for the early morning Easter egg hunt this year :(

Sigh :( He says he's growing up and I have to face it :( sigh.......

But I told him we'll pick him up late morning and in the afternoon we're going to have a proper egg hunt outside with the plastic eggs....I said I thought it was too wet but Lloyd says we can stick our welly boots on and go for it - so we're going to fill some plastic eggs tonight and hide them tomorrow in the back field and woods and if we get muddy we get muddy :) it comes from having an early Easter :)

This morning Lloyd and I went into town to pick Laurie up from his sleepover - Lloyd went to Home depot - he has renovated the downstairs bathroom this week - ripped out the shower and is putting in a new wash basin...has put in a new toilet and is putting in a new mirror, painting etc etc and we are putting linoleum throughout the mudroom, repainting etc etc and putting doors on the cupboards etc - we don't liek the terracotta tiles - they just aren't ideal in the mudroom even though you'd think they would be.

While he was in HD he dropped me at Superstore to get a few groceries for tomorrow - fresh vegetables etc I bought myself a new swimsuit as my old one is too big (woohoo) I was disappointed in the clothes in there though - I didn't really like anything they had.....I did find a new garbage can for the downstairs washroom though - in the 'seafoam' colour to match the new handtowels I got for in there. I'm going to paint the walls a 'sand' colour and all the accessories are going to be a watery turquoisey colour.....the toilet, sink and mirror/ cabinet are all white.

Came home and made chocolate crispy 'nests' with mini eggs in them.....the children had a pack of 'peeps' each (marshmallow chicks) I made some mini sausage rolls and a big rhubarb crumble for tonight (which is NOT like a 'crisp')

The girls have made some shrinky-dinks which we baked in the oven and they made into necklaces :) Lloyd was very impressed - I can't believe he never made those as a child - poor deprived child!

Sprite Zero is DISGUSTING!!!!!! I'm going to have to add a LOT of wine to it to make it taste good! Sigh.......

The well out by the vegetable garden is working again - this time last week it was still frozen - now the hose is working which is great because the dogs are back in their run and this means the hose can be used to fill their water tubs.

Our giant pumpkins need to repotted again! They are taking over our house!!!! It's worrying! They are HUGE!!!!

I think we are watching American Gangster or whatever it's called tonight! Lloyd had it for his birthday and we still haven't watched it! His new favourite movie is Enchanted and we've watched it three times already this week :) He's such a girl :) I love that he loves that movie :) I think he was disappointed that Giselle doesn't speak like a Disney princess in real life. I tried to talk like one for him for a day - I lasted all of five minutes...it's hard to swear in a sweet voice. I can say 'Oh my' until the cows come home but then 'fuck' slips out and it kind of spoils the effect. I think Lloyds dream woman would dress like Giselle and talk like her too. I fail miserably BUT at least I don't clean the toilet with his tooth brush either! And I think singing to him constantly would piss him off after a couple of days :)

Only two days left with Lloyd at home :( Oh my :(
Related Posts with Thumbnails