May 22, 2008

Grade 2 workbook

Yesterday I bought a Grade 2 workbook for A. as she has finished all the grade 1 books we had bought for her and was bored with them all. Last night she did 18 pages! She loved it. Which now confuses us even more over what year to register her for next year. This year she was actually registered for kindergarten. We were officially going to register her for grade one next year. Now we are considering registering her for grade two.

What to do?

She is enjoying writing stories now - they are only a few lines long but it's a start. She is still loving to read and is now reading chapter books. She is reading a Dear Dumb Diary book right now. I have no idea what grade level that kind of book is but she picked it off the shelf herself and is reading it to herself at bedtime.

Her spelling is a little TOO good though and makes me laugh! Last week the gas company was here with their 'ditch witch' to trench a new gas line for us. and A. saw the ditch witch and said "you know, if they changed the first letter to a 'B' it would be a rude word' and I laughed out loud and said "You know, I had thought the same thing myself"!!!! This girl is six and she can think about changing spellings from witch to *itch!!!!!!! hahahahaha!!

This week S is sick and it is raining heavily outside so we are doing lots of reading, crafts, talking....and sitting out on the porch watching the chrysalises waiting for them to change (any day now!!!!)

Today A is drawing maps from places close by to our house!

I think tonight I will go through the grade 1 curriculum and check off the things we've done this year so we can see what we have and haven't done this year.....I think A has come on in leaps and bounds since September! Her reading, writing, spelling, drawing, math, science...all her basics.......

I ask her about the Fall and she says she definitely wants to do drama again with her friends. She is also hoping to do ice skating if the class runs. And I think I will put her in to Jennifers group at the library. I think that will be enough for her though. And definitely enough for me.
Related Posts with Thumbnails