Jun 26, 2008

Hummer in the evening sun....


Just a short clip because my camera battery was dying - I'm charging it now so hopefully will catch a longer video over the next few days.....if the Hummingbirds are happy to play along of course....they're so temperamental ;) Today they have been drinking out of the Scarlet Honeysuckle which is amazing to see :) I didn't think they would really drink out of the tiny flowers but they really do!!!! The honey suckle is COVERED in flowers this year!!! The birds LOVE them :) The weather hasn't been too great this year and I haven't spent as much time out on the porch as I normally do - I haven't tried to hand feed the hummers as I wanted to....that was going to be my goal this year - to feed the birds by hand but I'm not sure I have the patience this year. I know its possible though. Maybe I'll feel differently over the next few days when the temperatures are going to be hovering around and above 30c...

Edited to add: Ooh just watched that for the first time and it looks like the hummingbirds wings are beating really slowly....isn't that weird? Maybe its because it was so windy out because it was after a storm? Or maybe its just a really bad recording? I'm not sure....but its not a very example of a hummingbird on a feeder :) I'll try for a better example lol.


Hahahaha that wasn't much better and my battery has died totally - try again tomorrow :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails