Jun 25, 2008

A letter from Margori





We got another letter from Margori and her family today - the little girl we sponsor in Peru! Actually its written by her Mom Marilu, but there is a picture from Margori. The letter thanks us for one of the packages we went her, so it's lovely to know the things we send them actually arrive there! It mentions the photographs we sent, so I know they got the pictures of us we sent. By now they will have received another two packages from us since the ne they mention, but it takes so long for them to arrive from World Vision!

The other girl we sponsor, Malle, lives in Mali in Africa. I'm in the middle of getting together another package to send off to the girls - I love collecting things together to send to them but its limiting because everything has to be flat, so it's stickers, bookmarks or very thin books (in Spanish or French) etc etc...and the children draw pictures.....I write letters and the children do too...that kind of thing. I made them a red heart out of felt each last time too to hang in their home....

I really enjoy sponsoring through World Vision - more so now I know they don't push Christianity onto those who are not Christian! Malle is Muslim and we have been told to respect her religious beliefs and I love this! It means that World Vision, a Christian organisation is also respecting her religious beliefs!!! :) This completely reflects my beliefs too :)

If you are considering child sponsorship please do contact World Vision - you won't regret it :)

(oh and yes we all laughed when we read the BAD translation of Marilu's letter - I really hope they did NOT eat Margori in winter.....)
Related Posts with Thumbnails