Jun 3, 2008

My Nan


My Nan fell last week and broke her arm, she is in a nursing home in England recovering at the moment. She broke her arm in exactly the same place as Susannah broke hers a couple of years ago. Obviously though, because my Nan is 97 it won't heal as Susannahs did. Susannah broke hers on the trampoline so I sent my Nan a Get Well card and asked her if she had been bouncing on the sofa!!!

My Nan will have to be assessed before any decisions will be made as to whether she will be able to return to her own home or not.

In her own home she is supposed to wear a special necklace with a button on it that she can press to call emergency services - but of course she leaves this necklace hanging in her bedroom - so when she fell she couldn't call anyone and she was lying there until her neighbour woke up and her calling for help. I hope that if she returns home that at least this has shown her that she NEEDS to wear her necklace! I think all old people are the same though because Lloyds Grandad is the same! I think its really common for old people with these systems NOT to wear the necklace part! Maybe a bracelet would be better - is there a reason they don't have it on a bracelet? Is it more likely to get broken in a fall?

The picture above shows Nanny last year with her youngest Grandchild - my Uncle and Aunt had a wonderful surprise baby girl - Leah - who is younger than the youngest Great Grandchild :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails