Jun 15, 2008

Remember my grass seed?




I cut the new grass for the first time on Thursday. It's not too bad for a first trim huh? Don't laugh too hard about the fact that there are day lilies coming through.....I have a bit of a problem with day lilies...they're bloody everywhere!!!! I can't seem to get rid of the things!!! I give the damn things away and they're STILL everywhere!!!! Now they're popping up through my lawn ;)

But still, considering this was a silly little twee flower bed around an apple tree, it's now part of the lawn with three half-barrel planters filled with annuals.....the annuals aren't doing too great really because our weather is crappy and cool and half the time I don't bother to water them (oops lol) but they are surviving....and the false sunflower is surviving despite me and is very VERY pretty :) I must take my macro down and photograph THAT one :)

I think it won't be long before you won't be able to tell that there was a flower bed there at all....
Related Posts with Thumbnails