Jul 5, 2008

I'll take the odd mosquito please!


I saw on the weather network yesterday a report on the town of North Bay Ontario. Every year for two or three weeks, they have to deal with a deluge of these HUGE flies call Shadflies. There are millions....BILLIONS even of these flies....and they coat the walls and roads and cars and backs and lights and EVERYTHING!!!!

EEEWWWWWW!!!

Just for two or three weeks...and then they are gone as fast as they arrive. I think they are only out in the evening and at night...but STILL this is in summer when you WANT to be out and about enjoying the summer evening - I mean this is CANADA for gawd sake!!! I'm sorry but three weeks out of an already short summer is just TOO LONG!!! I know the summers are longer in Ontario but still...it's still Canada!!!

Aren't they GROSS?????
Related Posts with Thumbnails