Jul 24, 2008

Photo Shoot....




This afternoon I was booked to do a photo shoot in our community. I'm the Community League Photographer so whenever there is an event in the community I go along and photograph it for the League - for the website, for the scrapbook albums that the League keeps, for the display cases in the hall and for various other reasons.

They booked me several weeks ago to go along and take pictures today of the Summer camp. They said that they had (and I quote) 'A couple of Grandprix cars coming out from the races'.

Turns out this was 'a few cars coming out from Edmonton Raceway'!! Slightly different!!! But nevertheless, the children were thrilled and we had a great afternoon. I was a little disappointed not to spend an afternoon with sexy racing drivers - our drivers turned out to be 12 and 14 years old!!! But the kids loved that! So I guess that was good! W4e all got given free tickets to go to the races in August so I came away with a free family night out in August which is great!

I was there to take pictures of the daycamp kids meeting the drivers and sitting in the cars which I did, then we took group pictures in front of the three cars, they all got autographs, then they drove the cars down to the lake and we took individual pictures of each kid with their favourite car and it's driver with the lake behind.

Two hours in the sunshine, with the playground there, some great cars, the great team from Edmonton raceway who were sooooo friendly and helpful! It was just a GREAT afternoon!!! I took my youngest 4 with me and got some pictures and of them too :) and took some pictures of some of the daycamp leaders there too. A couple of other Moms came by with their kids and asked me to take some pictures of their kids too which I did - it was a nice afternoon - busy and hot but fun :)

I came back home, edited all the pictures and got them emailed back to the leaders 20 minutes early which surprised me :) I thought it would take longer!

So no sexy racing drivers and no Grandprix cars lol but the kids were happy and I got some fun pictures and Sam got to see Macks new paint job AND some cars with stickers instead of headlights!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails