Sep 19, 2008

Sams first day at Pre-K!!!






Sam started Pre-K on Tuesday. He goes twice a week for full afternoons. Tuesdays are focused mainly on play and crafts. They also get half an hour of fun in the indoor playground. Then on Thursdays the focus is on ABC's and 123's - preparing for Kindergarten next year! I have to say that I am VERY impressed with this class already - the teachers are GREAT and the things he has come home with already this first week have been wonderful! They even get homework!!! Now as you all know I have been LESS than impressed with Parks and Rec classes in the past and I KNOW how they work and how they hire!!! But I will be the first to say that they have really done well this time :) Im so pleased!

To be honest the main reason I put Sam in this class was to get 5 hours to myself each week! I figured he'd get to play with some children in a safe environment and I'd be able to go running and swimming by myself - get some Christmas shopping done and maybe go to the scrapbook store by myself - meet a friend or two for coffee etc etc

I wasn't planning on having Sam learn much there as the classes aren't often that great (unless my friend Samantha is teaching!!) so it's wonderful that there are great teachers who are REALLY teaching and Sam is LOVING it there!
Related Posts with Thumbnails