Oct 5, 2008

House move!!!!




The other morning I was about to get into the shower when the power in our house went off. At first I thought it was the workmen outside doing something outside, but when I looked out of the front window, I saw Fortis were in our yard - I knew they were due to come and cut down the trees by our electric wires, so I thought maybe thats what they were up to! Then I noticed a HUGE grey thing in the road and realised they were removing the wires across the road so that a house could be moved along the road!!! How neat!

Sam and I grabbed the camera and sat in the bedroom window to watch the action! They worked really fast to get the wires down and move the truck slowly down the road and then get the wires back up and running! We were only without power for about 8 minutes!!! And totally worth it to see such a HUGE object being moved down such a small quiet rural lane.

Don't forget you can click on the piccies to see them bigger!!! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails