Oct 13, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Sunday...

...turned out to be a lovely relaxing day. Lloyd and I went into town. We went to Starbucks in Chapters and had a coffee. Sat there chatting for a while and then we strolled around the bookstore - originally to look for a good recipe book about family dinners. I couldn't find the right one for me though, so instead I bought a magazine about Christmas crafts and a copy of Twilight (hence my earlier post lol).

Because of the odd snow flurry or two that we've had here this weekend, we walked to Please Mum and bought Sam a winter coat. He outgrew his in the Spring so we knew he'd need a new one this year. We usually get the kids a large enough one to do them at least two winters.

We drove to Sobeys to get the fresh vegetables and cream etc etc and to get some wine and hen we headed home.

In the afternoon Lloyd lit a fire outside and I sat by it with my new book relaxing all afternoon. The girls played on their quadbikes. Sam, Laurie and Lloyd chopped trees in the woods and then would come back and have breaks with me by the fire for a cup of tea and Lassy Mogs! It was so nice :) My book is soooooo good! Sam would come over and tell me all about how fast elephants can run and giraffes can run etc and I was trying to look interested but all I wanted to know was what Edward and Bella were going to do next (lol)!!!

We had a big buffet style meal for dinner - with a big Greek salad, cheese selection, and various other 'party foods' that we normally have with our buffets on special days like Christmas and Thanksgiving. We're having our big meal tonight! We had pumpkin pie last night too Mmmmmmmm pumpkin pie!!!!!! :)

Then in the evening I sat at my writing table and watched the most gorgeous sunset - we get the most amazing sunsets here in the Fall - they really are at their most stunning here in the Fall.

After that we had the fire lit in the sitting room and we all curled up and watched Nims Island together before bed. Once Lloyd was asleep I read more of my book before I finally fell asleep some time after midnight :)

It was a lovely day - time for me, time for Lloyd and I, time for us as a family - a perfect mix! I hope you all had a great day!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Related Posts with Thumbnails