Nov 23, 2008

First Annual Festival of Trees....





Today we took the children to Sherwood Parks first annual Festival of Trees. we have been to Edmontons for the last few years, but we thought we would go and support Sherwood Parks very own and see what it was like! We knew it would be much smaller, but if these things are not supported in their early days, then the community will not continue them.

We had a lovely time there. It WAS a small event. Held in the Coast Hotel next to Millennium Place, but we had a lovely time. Many of the businesses in the area had sponsored Christmas trees to decorate, and there were a lot of crafts and activities for the children to join in with - and unlike the Edmonton Festival of Trees, these were FREE with admission! There was a magician, face painting, tattoos, choirs and solo singers (amazing singers!!) arts and crafts to buy, local charities selling Christmas wares...

All the little boys there seemed enthralled with a big tree that had a toy train whizzing around it....

I wasn't feeling very festive or Christmasy before going - I have only done a little shopping and only managed to get some of my Christmas cards sent off this week. Yet this afternoons Festival finally put me in the mood. I thought it would mean we wouldn't need to go to the Edmonton one next week but heading back to the car we all agreed that we WANT to go even more now (except Lloyd who groaned and rolled his eyes hahahhaha)!! He did however come home and get out my boxes of Christmas decorations though - I'm not putting up my trees until December, but I do want to put a few decorations now! I can picture my Moms face at this thought lol but here in Canada I know its ok to put up your decorations any time after Halloween :) No one will think you are too crazy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails