Jan 9, 2009

And so I think I'm decided....

And Lloyd has won again.....I liked the Panasonic Lumix or something or other....but Lloyd suggested I get the Nikon D40 and a lens so that I can use my other lenses with it and then I have two SLR's and won't be frustrated by the slowness of the camera and missing smiles and shots etc and I'll be able to use my macro lens on it etc....

When we go to Elk Island Park I can have two lenses on two bodies and not have to keep switching lenses on one camera body.

I can have an slr here at home the whole time my camera is in for a service.

There is only $100 difference between the two including the lens. Thats $100 between an slr WITH a lens that can be used with ALL my Nikon lenses - and a point and shoot - that can't change lenses and only has an 18x lens. As nice as it is, it IS just a point and shoot.

I really did like it, but I think Lloyd is right - I WOULD get frustrated by the speed, the ability.......by the inability to change lenses...it will be nice to have two camera bodies....

On a sad note....my Nikon has to go in for at LEAST 8 weeks service and is going to cost a fortune......all the lenses need to be serviced too....sigh.......
Related Posts with Thumbnails