Feb 3, 2009

Workbooks...


Some of the books Abigail is using this year....of course we are also using much much more than this but these are just a few of the things we fall back on. I picked up the grade one books to be sure Abigail had covered the basics that she didn't do last year. She has flown through them - especially the math which she finds ultra boring and doesn't want to do but I said if she flies through it in a couple of weeks we will go and get her grade 2 and 3 as a 'treat'...and of course she loves this idea...so she is rushing through it. instead of doing a page a day or whatever she is doing she is doing several a day. She just wants to get it done. I know she doesn't need to do it but I kind of want her to do the basics again because I think her teacher really messed with her confidence and I kind of want to bring back the fun she had with math before - she used to love how easy it was and then in school she was struggling because her teacher was a dork! I want her to find it fun again and see it as puzzles again! To WANT to do it....so thats what we're doing!

I have been having fun going through the Education Station catalogue choosing things....I much prefer their south store to Scholars Choice. I think I'm going to go there next week and head to Ikea for breakfast. There are a few things I have my eye on for Abby from Edu Station....
Related Posts with Thumbnails