Apr 30, 2009

Saying goodbye

I can relax a little now I've heard from Val :)

It's been a very difficult few days for her family - and I know it will continue to be difficult for them as they have said goodbye to their youngest little foster child - he has moved on to a new home after 2 and a half years. I have only ever know them with him so it was very hard to say goodbye for us too. Abigail and I spent Tuesday afternoon with Val and 'Z' at Kidz Quarterz. I'm very glad that I had to rush off at the end for Sam because a slow goodbye would have made it even more difficult!

Anyway - I spent all day yesterday thinking about Val and her family and wondering how they were doing. I know Tuesday night was very difficult for them, but I believe yesterday went smoothly (as difficult as it was). So many things will remind me of Z around here.....Sams little car on the deck....my bowl of Christmas tree baubles (I forget what you call them)....even the birds arriving back in the Spring will always remind me of him now I think :)

On a brighter note, this weekend Vals Grandson arrives for a few weeks with Grandma and Grandpa (Grandad??) and I know Val is looking forward to THAT distraction ;)

I wish the little guy all the VERY best for his future and I really hope he is in his forever home very VERY soon. I think he was very lucky to have 2 and a half years with a wonderful loving family.
X
Related Posts with Thumbnails