Jun 27, 2009

School's out for Summer!!!

Yay!!! School is over for another year!!! I can't believe ow fast the last year has gone - seems like only yesterday I was taking pictures of the children on their first day back at school, and here they are already done for the year! Yesterday Laurences class spent the day at Galaxyland at West Edmonton Mall - enjoying all the rollercoasters and fun it has to offer! He had a great time and went on the Mindbender or whatever it's called, three times :) He was happy as last year he wasn't tall enough to go on it.

Susannahs class - in fact the whole elementary school - went to Kidz Quarterz. She was a bit worried about going there as she thought she was too old, but they ended up having soooo much fun and got to use the Karaoke room all day etc and the class ended the day by singing 'Oh Susannah' to her :) which she thought was hilarious (yet embarrassing lol).

So school is done, teachers gifts are given out, bus drivers gift, friends said goodbye to, phone numbers swapped, dates arranged......

Laurence went to a sleepover party last night. Chris finished school a week ago. He worked all day yesterday at the golf course - they had a tournament there yesterday so he was very busy there.

Susannah has gone camping for the weekend. My friend Christie invited Susie to go to Slave Lake with her family - they have their trailer there for the weekend - and there is no fire ban there!!! Sooo lucky :) there is canoeing, paddle boats, a lovely lake for swimming and sandy beach and they are having a Canada Day parade this weekend too!! So they have to wear silly hats etc. So Susie left yesterday around 5pm and will be back around the same time on Monday!!! :) Soooo lucky :) She took her camera so I hope she takes lots of pictures!!!

I am sooooo happy that Summer is here and now all my plans can begin :) I have my Summer bag all ready to go - my Summer folder all filled and my notebook all written out and with little bits of paper stuck in - things I've torn out of magazines and the local paper - ideas of events, crafts, activities for the kids and us to do - places to go - even rainy day activities! I am excited about this Summer - looking forward to lots of fun - lazy days relaxing at home mixed in with days at the pool, at the park, field trips out and about and trying things we haven't done before :)

I am soooo glad school is out :)

Lloyd is off for two weeks now too. He has 5 days off after his parents leave too!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails