Aug 27, 2009

Our little holiday....






Every year we spend a week in the Banff/ Canmore area. We love it there. It doesn't matter what other trips we take, we always have a week near there to just switch off and get some R & R. Sometimes we go in the Fall, sometimes in early Summer, but this year we left it until almost the end of Summer, and I have to admit that I really liked the timing!!! It was like a really nice end to the school holidays and it gave us something to look forward to at the end of Summer instead of having everything over with near the beginning! Although I must admit, it helped that the weather was FANTASTIC!!! I'm sure it isn't often 28c in Canmore and Banff at the end of August!!!! :)

Here is our little 3 bedroomed apartment at the 'Lodges at Canmore'. We had never stayed there before but it is the same company that owns Mystic Springs (the place we loved last year), so we get a great rate with them!! It's important to me to have an outdoor heated pool, so I was happy :) and it turned out that we had a washer and a dryer in our apartment so every evening I could throw a few things in the machines and I didn't have any laundry when we got home which was PERFECT for a family our size :) We could also dry our swimming things after our morning swim and they were dry ready for our evening swim without having to hang them on the balcony or anything yucky or if we needed them to take to the lake or get them washed or dried fast...VERY handy :) These things MATTER lol!!! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails