Aug 2, 2009

Tragedy close to home :(



www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2009/08/02/stage-collapse.html?ref=rss

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8180183.stm



News stories about the tragic collapse of the stage at the Big Valley Jamboree - a country music festival held close to us in Camrose this past weekend. This is similar to Glastonbury festival in the UK with people camping there all weekend and big music names headlining it - just with country music instead.

My friend Christie was there all weekend and I haven't heard from her yet.....Christie I hope you're ok. xxxx Susannah's friend from school was also there. The concert was cancelled for the rest of the weekend.

We get gorgeous Summers here - I love them - they really do make up for our LONG cold winters - but they come at a price - with our severe weather season and our severe and dangerous storms :(

My thoughts are with all those involved - those who lost a loved one - those who someone who was hurt - and those who went through it - because that must have been very frightening!

And I'm so sorry that what was supposed to be such a fun weekend turned into such a horrible event :(
Related Posts with Thumbnails