Oct 21, 2009

Music to my ears :)

I take it all back! Abigail has really surprised me and all the practice has been paying off! She has taught herself to play about six or seven songs on the recorder REALLY well! And to read music!!!! In just a few weeks!!! At just seven years old :) We weren't going to do any music at all this year as I am really not musical at all, but she has taken it upon herself to learn the recorder!

Her Sister taught her one song - Hot Cross Buns...and that was enough for her to learn a few notes. Now she has taught herself the rest!! This morning she performed them all for me beautifully and I am very impressed :)

Abigail has always been such a determined little thing - and will always keep trying something until she 'gets it' - like skipping, or swinging on the swing....so I shouldn't be too surprised I guess that after a few weeks of constant playing on the recorder she is now a great player!!!

:)
Related Posts with Thumbnails