Jan 1, 2010

The first day.....

It's been a lovely first day of the year.....such a late start after our very late night last night!  I scrapbooked quite a bit today - working on finishing my JYC album.  I also started my January mini album - I have so loved the one I created for December/ Christmas, that I thought I'd like to have a go at making one for each month of this year.  January's will be all in shades of blue - to emphasize the cold weather!!!!

I also decluttered Sams room and managed to get rid of two big sacks full of STUFF!!!  I feel really pleased to have got rid of so much as he really only uses a few things - his Lego/ k'nex, his toy soldiers and his cars.  Apart from that his favourite things to play with are duct tape and cardboard boxes etc that he can 'create' with.  I went through his book shelf and got rid of all the books he has outgrown too.

We had a lovely big New Years dinner - a repeat of our Christnas meal, with roast chicken and crispy oven roasted potatoes...brussel sprouts, swede, parsnips, yorkshire puddings etc etc.... we even had Christmas Crackers to pull again AND a yummy Marks and Spencers Christmas pudding!!!

I really missed having Laurence here though :(  he chose to stay at his friends house for another night!!    I chatted with him online for a little bit but will be glad to have him home tomorrow so I can wish him Happy New Year properly.

After dinner we played a game that Sam had for Christmas which turned out to be soooo much fun - it's based on the 'I Spy' books and I was soooo useless at it that Chris ended up coming to help me but he was no better at it than me!!!  Susie won both games we played....she was great at it!!!

Then Abby and Sam headed for bed and the rest of us curled up to watch the Star Trek movie which we hadn't seen yet.  We really enjoyed that!!!  Now Lloyd and I are watching the news and about to go to bed.

Tomorrow we are off out to get Laurie....we have some errands to run and we may even head to the movies.....only two days until school starts and Lloyd goes back to work :(  Time is flying now!!!

I hope you have all had a lovely first day of January wherever you are and whatever you have been up to!  Have a lovely weekend!
Related Posts with Thumbnails