Feb 12, 2010

Butterfly collection....


I saw this project on  Ali Edwards Blog and thought it was so sweet - I already had the butterfly punch and it reminded me of the frames filled with butterflies that we love to see at the Museum each time we go.  I thought i would make one for the front room now that Lloyd has painted it and it is a completely new colour theme....

Last night I bought a little shadow box at Dollarama and today I painted it and then punched out the butterflies - I wanted their wings to be up so they'd look a little 3-dimensional.  I like how it turned out - I wanted the frame to be a little rough looking - I may even take some sand paper to it and rub off some of the paint still......

I think these would make great little gifts - I think Susannah might make some of these for her friends at the end of Summer as goodbye gifts!!  The frame was a dollar and the butterflies are made from paper scraps...

Ali also made a frame using hearts and today Rhona posted her wonderful heart shaped version too!    Very quick and sweet gifts to rustle up for Valentines Day or birthdays - or Mothers Day!!!  They'd make a great new baby gift too because I think something like this would look beautiful on a nursery wall! 
Related Posts with Thumbnails