Mar 17, 2010

How plans change!!

We were supposed to spend today at a friends house - the children were excited to spend the day with their friends playing.  I was going to spend the day with a group of friends crafting - we were making brown bag albums!!  A workshop organized and taught by Joanne.  I've made brown bag albums before but I have a feeling Joanne was going to put her own, new spin on things!!  She's so very creative!!

Sam has been tired and a little grouchy the last few days and I put it down to us being busy.  Last night he had a little spot by his groin that he had scratched.  I didn't think anything of it.  An hour ago we took his pyjama top off to get him dressed and he's got spots popping up all over his abdomen - especially under his arms....

Yes, he has CHICKEN POX!!!!!!

Yikes....how can that happen so FAST!!!!  He was fine when he woke up and we had PLANS for the day!!!

I got on the phone to Val, who was fantastic and gave me tons of advice and stopped off on her way to Joanne's, with calamine lotion and support :)  she said hello to my little chicks and made comments about Kitty's pompoms ;)

So, here we are - I've Emailed Jennifer from Monday and let her know that Sam has chicken pox and that we may have passed it on to everyone at the birthday celebration...

I keep checking his body and seeing for more spots appearing.... it's addictive - like a new hobby - spot spotting ;)
Related Posts with Thumbnails