Apr 6, 2010

Our afternoon:

We had a lovely afternoon at the pool - two hours of swimming followed by 10 minutes in the hot tub before we headed for the showers.  One of my favourites things to do was to float on my back staring up at the clouds and geese above me - I was just floating...and it was as if I was flying with the geese amongst the clouds...my body felt so light in the water it was as if I was flying :)  

Of course, I tried to tell Abby about this and get her to try it - but she just looked at me as if I was crazy!!

The pool is designed to look like a local lake - it even had the small 'airport' and a plane flying overhead....pelicans too...and there is a big slide with a HUGE bucket that fills with water and then tips about every sixty seconds.  There is a wave machine and a 'lazy river' that has a current that pulls you around...the other pool is a lap pool.  Our town also has another pool that is a salt water pool and also has a big tube slide, kiddy pool and an outside splashzone for the summer.


Now Abby is 8, she is old enough to wear an adult wrist band in the pool - this means that finally she doesn't have to be within arms distance from me - YAY!!!  FREEDOM!!  She can now swim around and go off on the play equipment or in the lazy river on her own - and while I still keep a close eye on her, it was nice to feel that extra bit of freedom and be able to swim more on my own...




Starving after our swim:



My yummy London Fog after our swim.  I sat there enjoying it, feeling all relaxed and tired....very happy after my swim - and even more happy that dinner was all done and in the crock pot ready - there was no way I was in the mood to go home and make dinner:


Sam's first day back at his 'old' school - I think he loved being back there:

Related Posts with Thumbnails