Apr 2, 2011

Cute evening visitor....heading home....





This evening we had a little visitor to our front yard - this porcupine!!!  Rosie was the first to spot it, so we had to get her inside FAST as we have has a few issues with her before with quills in her - and a trip to the vet before!!  
Sam and Abby were fascinated by it and wanted to head off to see it, but I called them back inside and they had to make do with binoculars...yes you can get fairly close without any problems, but I wasn't going through that deep snow with them, and anyway the porcupine moves to fast and would have been long gone before they got there....and it isn't safe enough for them to go alone!!  So back they came - not happy with me ;)  

The last picture shows how far away it actually was - these are just iphone pictures as my good cameras are packed away - I really should get them out and charge them for times like this, but the iphone is so small and convenient...I only posted these pics so you get a rough idea of the size of a porcupine..it lives in our neighbours wood and often walks through to our place unseen..although Hope our neighbour has seen it quite often.  We have our own porcupines living in our side woods....I love porcupines - they are soooo cute :)  
Related Posts with Thumbnails